Sunday, January 8, 2012

6 weeks and counting...



Hey there family and friends.
It’s been just over 6 weeks since I arrived back in Japan.  The first couple of weeks I just couldn’t get the smile off my face...I really missed Japan and was so glad to be back.

I’m currently typing this from a spot close to where I used to live, just on a river in a city I now also live in called Higashi-Kurume.  There is something special about this town.  It’s got a real family vibe to it.  There are some paddocks amidst some bulk housing/flats and also new and older style homes.  Love the sound of the flowing water over rocks. :^)

One thing I really missed about Japan was the people and lifestyle.  I enjoyed the sense of honor that there seemed to be here as well as how smoothly life seemed to run.  This includes the transport system, restaurants, and just about any other aspect of practical living.

As the weeks have rolled on, I have found that I have had the opportunity to minister to people and be ministered to.  I believe that Jesus is teaching me a lot about dependance on the Holy Spirit, humility and how all the glory truly does belong to him.

I do apologize that I have not been keeping people updated on my time here in Japan.  I’m in the phase of looking for work and as such still feel that I am in a transition phase, so prayer for God’s wisdom, guidance, and my adherence to his leading would be much appreciated.


Whilst here in Japan I have felt God reveal to me the importance of love in his Church.  God has led me to partner with some people in a relatively new church in Tokyo/Ikebukuro called Cornerstone Tokyo. (Above you'll see a video inviting people to our Christmas Party)

Here at this church upon my first visit I found the rawness of emotion and desire to know God quite refreshing.  There did not seem to be “one person” who had all the answers but instead a realization of our need to know and be led by “the one” who is the answer...Jesus.

Prayer would be appreciated for the pouring out of the Holy Spirit here in Japan.  I feel, as well as a number of others here, that Japan is in desperate need for the Holy Spirit to have his way, rather than man’s seemingly good intentioned way.

The cry of our hearts is for more of his presence, more of his power...more of his love to come and invade our lives, the very lives of his body and his church.

We want no man to receive glory for this work, the work of his Spirit, but instead, the one to whom all glory belongs.  Even as I type, I believe the Spirit is saying, more glory, more glory, more glory to whom the glory is due...Jesus...King Jesus.

Thank you for being vessels of Gods transforming power and love over the past few years to me...let’s keep praying, and confessing our need for the life giving power and work of Jesus in the lives of those in our lives.   Let no glory fall on us, and may God be rid of any desire we have of such glory.

I pray God’s peace and presence guide us and teach us daily as we walk with him.

Tri.

No comments:

Post a Comment