Monday, February 6, 2012

Journal entry of thoughts (whilst at Tully’s cafe in Higashi Kurume)





What happens If the word of God is exactly that...
the word of God?
If God has said something to me...
words that give me life...
then what if they were the words that I needed to hear...that I needed to listen to.
3 people stand before us...
a Priest, a King, and God.
who do you choose to listen to?
as a follower of Jesus, I (hope that I) follow him based on both his identity and his actions/will.
Jesus is God the Son, the King.
Jesus will is that none would perish, but that all would come to salvation through repentance and faith in him.
Does it matter any more what a Priest or King of this world says compared to what Jesus says, and his actions say?
This is what and who my faith is in.
Yet, without obedience and his love and power working through and leading my life...
all the faith in the world may come to nothing in the “following” of Jesus.
Sure I may be “saved” but he says to me “follow me”...
through faith I can follow him.
Holy Spirit lead and fill me...over power me with your presence, love and purpose.
Lead me to follow Jesus, not just have a faith in him.
Jesus is not a good luck charm.
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
This means he is to be everything to me...
everything...
yes, 
EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment